Your contribution is welcome!
To make merging code as seamless as possible we ask for the following:
- For small changes and bug fixes go ahead, fork the project, make your changes and send a pull request. Check out the Development page for some useful tips.
- Larger changes should start with a proposal in an issue. This should ensure that the requested change is in line with the project and similar work is not already underway.
- Only add libraries if they provide significant value. Consider copying the code (attribution) or writing it yourself.
- Manage dependencies with
go modand run
go mod vendorafterwards to sync the
vendorfolder for backwards compatibility.
Once you are ready to send in a pull request, be sure to:
- Sign the CLA
- Provide test cases for the critical code which test correctness. If your code is in a performance critical path make sure you have performed some real world measurements to ensure that performance is not degregated.
make testyour code
- Squash your change into a single commit with the exception of additional libraries.
- Write a good commit message.